Search Box

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Lauren Holly

Back around the time that Dumb and Dumber came out in 1994, I thought Lauren Holly was one of the most attractive women in Hollywood. Here's an early shot:


And another:


The other day, curious to see what she looked like now, I Google-imaged her. This is what I found:


No one can hang on to their youthful beauty forever. But I've never quite been sure why women do this to themselves. To me, breasts that can be seen from across the length of a football field and that feel like granite, are not attractive. Once a woman starts to look (and sometimes act) like a proud marble statue, she loses her femininity.

Had Holly simply aged, staying slim but gaining a few wrinkles, I would have still found her attractive.

Seeing that she has turned herself into a monument has cured me of that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John,

You are so right on with this and the sad part is that such women just don't get it. When they try to make themselves look like a barbie doll they turn out to look more like a bimbo and completely unattractive, at least to me. That said, there is a place in the world for plastic surgery especially where there are genetic defects that are correctable, but many women take it to a level that's extraordinary. It's actually a form, in my opinion, of a mental illness. Thanks, Brian

John Craig said...

Thank you Brian.

Yes, taken too far, it does seem to reflect some kind of mental illness. I certainly wouldn't put Lauren Holly in that category, though I wish she had stayed natural.

Occasionally when I see really attractive A- and B-cup women, I want to go up and thank them for not having gotten implants. I don't, of course, but I do get that urge.

Anonymous said...

Most men dont care if theyre fake

John Craig said...

Anon --
I've heard complaints from other guys. They look good at first, but don't feel right.