Search Box

Monday, January 14, 2013

Special insight

We rented Prometheus on Friday night. It was quite good, but by the end of the movie I had decided, wow, they really ripped off Alien. The monsters looked sort of similar, even down to the way they popped out of peoples' stomachs. Even the stark outer space sets had a weirdly similar feel. 

I wondered, do other people not see this? How could they not? Am I the only one who's smart enough to see the resemblance? Hmm. I must be awfully smart if I am. 

Then I looked Prometheus up on Wikipedia, and saw that it was supposed to be the prequel to Alien. Both movies were directed by Ridley Scott. 

Okay, I'm the idiot.

2 comments:

Paavo said...

I saw this in a movie theater. Maybe it was because the audience guffawed as the alien was born, but I thought it was just a humorous reference.

John Craig said...

Paavo --
Yikes, I don't see the humor there, but maybe I'm just a stiff. My reaction was, hey, I've seen that before -- they stole it!