Search Box

Saturday, September 30, 2017

All roads lead to Rome, Part II

This blog has a "traffic sources" section that allows me to see the searches that lead people to this blog. (I can't see who's looking, but I can sometimes see what has led them here.) And I'm constantly surprised to see the nature of the searches that land them here.

Back in January of 2014 I wrote about some of those searches. I've scribbled down a few more a while back, and added a few recently. Here they are:

"Prominent clitorises, photos" Honestly, you won't find any of those here; I'm mystified as to how that search led here.

"Naked photo underage" Those neither. (I'd actually be afraid to look for those; don't they convict people based on what they find in their computers?)

"Is Obama gay?", "is Obama gay or bi", and "Is my gaydar off or is Obama gay?" I do know how those inquiries led here. The answer is, yep, as I explained here and here.

"fuck sharia femen" At first, I thought the searcher was conflating Sharia and FEMEN. Then I realized, ah, he was referring to the FEMEN who wrote "fuck sharia" on their naked torsos. I enjoyed writing about FEMEN, here and here and here, but don't think I ever featured a photo with that particular slogan painted on.

"Chelsea Clinton looks weird" I mentioned her here, and a couple other places, but I never focused on her looks. 

"el Chapo house" That would be houses, plural. I showed three pictures of one of them when I put el Chapo up against Donald Trump in a machismo contest.

"James Bond IQ." It was actually a relief to find out that someone else had pondered a question that silly.

"Are people with Asperger childish?" and "Aspergers have no friends" and "want my asperger friend to get lost." I can understand why they'd feel that way.

"Can Aspergers say they're sorry?" Nope.

"Asberbuger are they ridged?" Yes, some can be quite rigid; on the other hand, some can also spell.

"Is Dave Chapelle on steroids?" Yup.

"little boy with big balls" I mention courage from time to time, but I suspect this particular inquiry was of a more physical nature.

"Hairy vulva" Sorry, no beaver shots here. But I do hope he found something else that excited his interest, and tarried a while.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah,quirky sense of humor.
Reading your post is like slowly savoring a vintage, one inhales the aroma,
enjoys a sip and finally can't wait to finish the last drop. (No, I am not a wine connoisseur,
or know anything of wines).
The tickling smile stays a long time.

To be honest, I can't remember how I landed to your site. Maybe "Sociopaths".


Sherie

John Craig said...

Sherie --
Thank you very much. (That's way too much praise for this post, but thank you.)

Smallberries Worldwide said...

A friend and mine were debating the basic differences between blacks and whites. When I got back to my office I googled the subject and to my surprise I found your piece on the exact things we were discussing. I've shared it many times. I've been addicted ever since.

John Craig said...

Smallberries --
Thank you very much.

(I'm beginning to feel as if this post was an exercise in fishing for compliments, which, honestly, it was not -- not that I'm above doing that.)

Anonymous said...

I don't have much time to read blogs so I keep the number of blogs I regularly read to a minimum. Most of the blogs I read relate to law and the application of law to current criminal cases and psychology so I'm pretty sure I ended up here due to a sociopath you had written on. This was probably about a year ago and I have stayed. Your blog is the only "personal observations about the things the blogger finds interesting" type of blog I read regularly because I do find it interesting and quite funny at times. I also find the feedback you get from other readers insightful. Especially the negative feedback. At times, it's the actual comments on your personal which tend to be a great study on psychology and human behavior. If someone took the time to read the comments section, you clearly give a lot of leeway for different opinions and also seem to have no problem accepting and giving credibility to ideas and views you had not considered before. Given this, I find the ways some commenters try to change your views on a subject to be interesting to say the least. If what some of them say is true, you tend to do very well hiding all the personality disorders and mental health issues you have. But wait! It must be the sociopath in you which is able to fool me! I am so gullible...
Anyway, keep writing. And I'll keep being gullible.

Hannah

John Craig said...

Hannah --
Ha, you're probably referring to the last commenter on the previous post. I hate to even give that guy airtime, but yeah, he made a number of accusations. The only one which is true is that I sorta look gay. (He also said I was intellectually pretentious: but what exactly am I pretending to be that I'm not? I'm just a guy who, as you point out, makes personal observations and sometimes tries to be funny.)

Anyway, I've been asked by others, with slightly less poisonous intentions than the above-mentioned commenter, what my syndrome is. And in the interests of honesty, since that's what I try to make this blog, I responded that I'm a depressive (I ward off depression -- mostly successfully -- with exercise) and also pretty much of a garden variety neurotic. (But those are boringly common maladies.)

Anyway, I appreciate your readership, your comments (and your gullibility).

Unknown said...

It was your take on sociopathy that initially lured me in. I've found many of your posts on other topics so compelling,that I now consider myself a die-hard follower.

John Craig said...

Clara Oneill --
Thank you very much.

I guess I'm still waiting to hear from the person who came here via "little boys with big balls."

Mark Caplan said...

All those Google searches look kind of familiar. I wonder if that was me? Glad I happened onto your blog even if it wasn't what I originally had been looking for.

John Craig said...

Mark --
Ha!

I must say, you certainly have varied tastes.